This new version of the Spleodar website has gone live in August 2019.
It aims to better represent what we at Spleodar are about: fun, education, and heritage. We hope it provides a lot of useful information.
If you notice anything strange or broken on this site we’d really appreciate feedback!
Áth Luain (Athlone Institute of Technology)
Satharn 24 Lunasa 2019
12.00– 7.00 i.n
Beidh Tóstal Spleodar ar siúl ar an Satharn an 24 Lunasa in Áth Luain. Tosóidh sé ag 12.00
agus críochnóidh sé ag 7.00. €60 a bheidh ar an lá. Clúdóidh sé sin an bus, siamsaíocht agus
Cuirtear i gcuimhne do gach duine go mbeidh rialacha Spleodar i bhfeidhm ar an lá. Is gá do
gach duine Gaeilge a labhairt ar an lá agus is gá do gach duine fanacht i ngrúpa le cinnire.
Más suim leat teacht is gá an fhoirm thíos maraon leis an airgead a sheoladh isteach chuig an
oifig roimh an Luan 18 Lúnasa.
Tóstal Spleodar will be held in the Athlone Institiute of Technology on Saturday 24th
from 12.00 – 7.00 pm. Tóstal Spleodar is the annual re-union of all students who attended
courses this summer. Please find attached bus timetable and application form. The cost of
the entire day will be €60 euro. (€50 for those travelling by car) (€40 per head for two or
more per family) – this must be paid for in advance. (Those travelling by car need to be at
the Sports Arena in Athlone Institute of Technology at 12.00 pm)
Activities on the day will include a trip to Bay Sports, bouncing castles, sport competitions,
dancing and a céilí. Lunch…chips and sausages/nuggets and a drink will be provided on the
day. Please ensure to bring swimming gear for Bay Sports.
Students attending An Tóstal are reminded that Spleodar rules apply on the day. Students
must speak Irish at all times and they must remain in their group with cinnirí at all times.
Contact Cian, 086 7255557, for any enquiries or information.
Anyone wishing to attend An Tóstal must return the application form and fee to: Spleodar (see link below),
Teach Phuirséil, Bóthar an Chairn Mhóir, Uarán Mór, Co. na Gaillimhe before Monday
18th August. Upon receipt of application and fee a text will be sent to confirm that your
student has a place on the trip. Buses are booked in advance and it is therefore imperative
that Spleodar receive all applications on or before 18th August. There will be no refund of
fee for non-attendance.
DOWNLOAD THE FORM:
Tostal 2019 Form
An tOireachtas 2017
Cill Áirne 31/10 – 03/11/2017.
Bus timetable for Oireachtas 2017:
Clár Ama Bus
Rudaí le tabhairt leat:
- Airgead póca
- Éadaí dearga agus dubha
- Bróga reatha
- Cóta báistí
- Éadaí don chéilí gléasta.
- Is féidir leat do fhón póca a thógáil leat freisin ionas gur féidir leat fanacht i dteagmháil le do thuismitheoirí.
Things to bring:
- A raincoat
- Red and black clothes for the Flashmob in the town (Spleodar colours)
- Pocket money
- Clothes / Costume for Halloween themed céilí (spot prizes for best dressed!)
- Single bed sheet and pillow case (quilt & pillows are provided in hostel)
- Breakfast will be provided to all on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday as part of fee. Dinner will be provided on two days. Students will get an opportunity to go downtown with their leaders to buy lunch.
- Students may bring mobile phones but are asked to use them just to keep in contact with home.
- The following is the phone number to ring during the trip if you have any enquiries 087 9964512.
- The balance for the trip (€50) will be collected on the bus to Killarney.
All students are reminded that they must speak Irish at all times and must stay in their groups with the leaders.
|Bus||Áit||Máirt 31/10/2017||Aoine 03/11/2017
|Baile Átha Cliath||Liffey Valley – Purple Carpark ||10.45 am ||2:30 pm
|Baile Átha Cliath||Heuston Station ||10.15 am ||3:00 pm
|Athlone ||Kilmartin Roundabout (Woodies / McDonalds) ||10.45 am ||3:00 pm
|Loughrea ||Loughrea Hotel and Spa || 11.30 am||2:15 pm
|Oranmore ||Oranmore Community Centre ||12:00 pm (noon)||1:45 pm