At Spleodar we strive to make our applications process as fair and accessible as we possibly can, despite the limited numbers available for our courses and our strong emphasis on having a great mix of students in each venue. We are hugely disappointed about the Covid-19 reality of 2020 and the experiences missed by so many students: may 2021 bring us back to friends, learning, and fun. We have come up with a set of notes that will help to make this year’s registration as smooth and straightforward as possible.
Please read this full list before posting your application.
- A deposit of €350 is required. The options for payment are cheque, postal order or bank draft. Made payable to Spleodar.
- Please write the student’s name and date of birth on back of payment.
- A photograph is required with application form. This does not need to be a passport photo. Please staple it to the application form in space allotted.
- If a group of friends are applying to a Spleodar course please post applications in the same envelope. If this is not possible due to time constraints have a cover letter attached to the application form with all friends’ names listed.
- For the past few years, many June courses have been booked up in one day! Please consider a later date in the summer if it suits, as over 200 applicants were unsuccessful for 2020 on the first day of processing alone.
- Corr na Móna June has a capacity of 90 students. Each year within the first 3 days of applications we receive 200 applications for Corr na Móna. Due to this the max number of friends permitted on this course is 3.
- When applying for June choose multiple courses to improve chances of securing a place. If we have a list of friends as discussed in question 4 we can process everyone on the same course then.
- As we receive over 1000 applications in the first few days alone please allow us time to process receipts. If you are unsuccessful you normally hear from us first with a range of options.
- Application forms for 2021 courses will be available to download from www.spleodar.com at 1pm on Sunday 6th of September. All application forms that are personally dropped into our office letterbox that Sunday and Monday will be added to the post that arrives Tuesday and will be chosen at random. This is to ensure that everyone has the exact same opportunity to ensure their course of choice. As we have students applying from all over the country this is the fairest practice.
- The address to send the application form to is: Spleodar, Teach Phuirséíl, Bothar An Chairn Mhór, Uarán Mór, Co Na Gaillimhe.
- Do not register post as our postman arrives very early and no one will be available to sign for it. This means collection that evening and a delay in processing your student.
- Applications cannot be made online or via email. We have been considering these options for some time but for the 2021 summer bookings, to maintain a consistent system we are sticking with post-applications only.
- Due to Covid 19, our walk-in policy in the Spleodar office has been changed. A letterbox will be provided at our office entrance and applications forms can be left into this. If you need
to talk to a member of staff please call 091/388916 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Spleodar Samhraidh agus Geimhridh Teo
Oifig Cláraithe: Teach Phuirseil, Br. an Chairn Mhoir, Uarán Mór, Co. na Gaillimhe, Cláraithe in Éirinn Uimhir 373263
Stiúrthóirí: M. Ó Bradaigh, P. Ní Chinnsealaigh, E Mac Cormaic, B Ni Ghreachain, D. Nic Gabhann, C. Ni Mhaoilchiaráin, S. Ó Mórdha , P.Ó Broin, P. Mag Lionnáin.
Dear Parents / Students
In light of Minister Seán Kyne’s announcement that the Gaeltacht summer courses for 2020 are to be cancelled we, here at Spleodar, would like to update parents on our plans.
Spleodar will be offering a refund to all parents.
There will be 3 options.
- A refund minus €20 operational cost
- Money to be deferred for the following year for that student
- Money to be deferred for the following year for a member of that family
If you decide to defer money until the 2021 summer course an application form for 2021 will be sent out to you with a family ID number. This means you can secure a course before it becomes available for new entries.
When it is safe to return to the office, in accordance to governmental guidelines, Spleodar will link a refund application form on to www.spleodar.com.
The refund application form can be submitted by post or email.
Please note no refund can be organised until our staff are back in the office.
Lastly we would like to take this opportunity to thank all parents and students who have been with Spleodar for the past 22 years. Also we would like to mention the Bean An Tí’s. We thank them for their exceptional work over the years and we look forward to many more.
These are unprecedented times and wish everyone the best of health.
Mait Ó Brádaigh
Carmel Nic Eochaidh
Beidh Slógadh Spleodar ar siúl in Áth Luain ar an Satharn 30 Samhain óna 1.00 – 6.00
i.n. san Óstán Athlone Springs. Beidh 19 gclub de chuid Spleodar ann ar an lá. Beidh
béile na Nollag againn maraon leis an gcomórtas amhrán club. Tá muid ag tnúth le
gach duine a fheiceáil ann ar an lá chun an obair atá déanta ins na clubanna a
Slógadh Spleodar will be taking place in the Athlone Springs Hotel, Monksland, Athlone on
Saturday 30th November from 1.00 pm until 6.00 pm. Slogadh Spleodar is a get-together of
all our clubs. All 19 Spleodar clubs will be travelling to Athlone for the event and we expect
full attendance from all club members. We will be having a Christmas dinner in the hotel
ballroom and the inter – club competition will take place after dinner.
There will be buses travelling form all the clubs. The total cost of the day will be €20. (For
anyone travelling by car the cost of the day will be €10) This will include the bus and the
Christmas dinner in the hotel. The bus timetable for Slógadh Spleodar is BELOW
-FOR FURTHER INFO, CONTACT DETAILS ARE ON THE FORM LINKED AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE-
Slógadh Spleodar Clár Ama Bus
|Ionad Ag Fágáil
|| Departing Ag Filleadh
|Guaire – Gorey – ‘Tesco Extra’ Carpark
|| 09.30 am
|| 9.00 pm
|Carnew – Coláiste Bhríde Carnew
|| 8.15 pm
|Ceatharlach – Seven Oaks Hotel
|| 7.30 pm
|Baile Átha Cliath – Heuston Station
|| 11.15 am
|| 7.30 pm
|Baile Átha Cliath – Woodies – Lucan
|| 11.40 am
|| 7.15 pm
|An Cábhán – Cathedral Carpark
|| 11.15 am
|| 7.45 pm
|Longfort – Mastertech Carpark
|| 6.50 pm
|Cora Droma Rúisc – G.A.A grounds Dublin Rd.
|| 7.15 pm
|Uarán Mór- Community Centre
|| 7.30 pm
|Baile Locha Riach – Loughrea Hotel and Spa
|| 7.00 pm
|An Muileann gCearr – Lidl on the bypass
|| 6.45 pm
|An Uaimh (Navan) – Fairgreen Carpark
|| 7.45 pm
|An tAonach (Nenagh) – Aldi Nenagh
|| 11.30 am
|| 7.30 pm
|Nás na Ríogh (Naas) –CBS School
|| 11.45 am
|| 7.45 pm
|Foxford – St. Josephs Secondary School
|| 7.30 pm
Athlone Springs Hotel Map
An tOireachtas 2019 Brú na Bóinne / City West 29/10/2019 – 01/11/2019 (Tuesday – Friday)
The Oireachtas will be held from 29th October until 1st November. The total cost of the trip will be €150. This will include a coach for the duration of the trip, accommodation for the three nights in The Newgrange Lodge hostel, breakfast every morning, dinner on two days, as well as entrance to all activities on the trip. Activities include: A day in Tayto Park, workshops, sport, quiz, a fancy dress céilí and ‘Beo’ Competition and more. Buses will be travelling from Dublin, Athlone, Loughrea and Oranmore.
The bus timetable will be available to download here on www.spleodar.com closer to the trip.
Our regular Spleodar rules will apply and ard-chinnirí and teachers will be present at all times.
For those applying to be a cinnire we will be doing preparation at the Oireachtas for the position and this will be beneficial to all.
If you are interested in attending An tOireachtas please return the application form available from this page above along with a deposit of €100 to the following address before Friday 11th October:
Spleodar, Teach Phuirséil, Bóthar an Chairn Mhóir, Uarán Mór, Co. na Gaillimhe.
Upon receipt of the application form and deposit a text will be sent out as confirmation that your student has received a place at an tOireachtas. Spaces are limited on this trip and we remind you that we will not be able to issue refunds for non attendance.
If you have any questions regarding An tOireachtas please refer to the contact details on the form.
This new version of the Spleodar website has gone live in August 2019.
It aims to better represent what we at Spleodar are about: fun, education, and heritage. We hope it provides a lot of useful information.
If you notice anything strange or broken on this site we’d really appreciate feedback!
Áth Luain (Athlone Institute of Technology)
Satharn 24 Lunasa 2019
12.00– 7.00 i.n
Beidh Tóstal Spleodar ar siúl ar an Satharn an 24 Lunasa in Áth Luain. Tosóidh sé ag 12.00
agus críochnóidh sé ag 7.00. €60 a bheidh ar an lá. Clúdóidh sé sin an bus, siamsaíocht agus
Cuirtear i gcuimhne do gach duine go mbeidh rialacha Spleodar i bhfeidhm ar an lá. Is gá do
gach duine Gaeilge a labhairt ar an lá agus is gá do gach duine fanacht i ngrúpa le cinnire.
Más suim leat teacht is gá an fhoirm thíos maraon leis an airgead a sheoladh isteach chuig an
oifig roimh an Luan 18 Lúnasa.
Tóstal Spleodar will be held in the Athlone Institiute of Technology on Saturday 24th
from 12.00 – 7.00 pm. Tóstal Spleodar is the annual re-union of all students who attended
courses this summer. Please find attached bus timetable and application form. The cost of
the entire day will be €60 euro. (€50 for those travelling by car) (€40 per head for two or
more per family) – this must be paid for in advance. (Those travelling by car need to be at
the Sports Arena in Athlone Institute of Technology at 12.00 pm)
Activities on the day will include a trip to Bay Sports, bouncing castles, sport competitions,
dancing and a céilí. Lunch…chips and sausages/nuggets and a drink will be provided on the
day. Please ensure to bring swimming gear for Bay Sports.
Students attending An Tóstal are reminded that Spleodar rules apply on the day. Students
must speak Irish at all times and they must remain in their group with cinnirí at all times.
Contact Cian, 086 7255557, for any enquiries or information.
Anyone wishing to attend An Tóstal must return the application form and fee to: Spleodar (see link below),
Teach Phuirséil, Bóthar an Chairn Mhóir, Uarán Mór, Co. na Gaillimhe before Monday
18th August. Upon receipt of application and fee a text will be sent to confirm that your
student has a place on the trip. Buses are booked in advance and it is therefore imperative
that Spleodar receive all applications on or before 18th August. There will be no refund of
fee for non-attendance.
DOWNLOAD THE FORM:
Tostal 2019 Form